Animal Instincts Australia is a Disability and Mental Health Support Service based in Toowoomba, QLD.
We provide Animal & Equine Assisted Learning, Life Skills and Leadership Programs for Individuals and small groups.
We have a unique model where our clients often work alongside Rescue Animals fostered or adopted through local Animal Rescue Organisations.
At Animal Instincts Australia, we work to promote improvements in the physical, social, emotional and/or cognitive functioning of a person with the help of our animals alongside us.
- Some of the outcomes from our programs include…Building self esteem
- Social Engagement
- Controlling anxiety and improving confidence
- Improved physical, mental and emotional health
- Accessing the community and public spaces/events/venues
- Connection to animals and the trust and respect that follows
- Responsibility & Initiative
- Physical mobility such as increase in fitness/health and fine & gross motor skills
- Changing patterns of negative behaviours
Our services suit clients wishing to…
- Build a connection with Animals and the Outdoors to lower stress and anxiety
- Receive support from mentors who genuinely care about your welfare and health, and share your love of animals
- Gain confidence in one-on-one or small social settings whilst in the presence of animals
- Learn valuable life skills through animal handling, training and care
- Learn animal handling and training skills for personal development and confidence
- Gain work experience or volunteering and build skills in the pet/animal/equine industries for a future in employment