IICT – Protecting Your Privacy
The IICT is committed to providing members with the highest levels of service, including the protection of members’ privacy .
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by the IICT may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone numbers, e-mail address, educational qualifications, professional indemnity insurance policy details, and credit card details. If you choose not to provide such personal information (if required ), the IICT may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Other information which IICT will collect and hold as a direct consequence of membership includes but is not limited to your IICT membership number, join date, accredited modalities, certificates issued, and continuing education records.
How Personal Information is Collected
The IICT collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information in documents such as an application form or member profile form;
- from publicly available sources of information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by IICT in order to:
- conduct appropriate checks for membership application purposes;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- research and develop our services ;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure , including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you related to the natural therapy industry, however the IICT shall not utilise your personal information to promote directly or indirectly network marketing businesses or businesses which are considered ‘Spam’ or alike.
The IICT will never disclose your email or personal address details to other parties and you will always have the option to unsubscribe from emails which we may send you from time to time.
If you intend to receive membership renewal certificates from us via email we will require you to ‘opt in’ for email campaigns with a valid email address to ensure we can deliver your renewal certificate and provide you with important updates relating to your professional affiliation with the IICT.
If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services please email IICT to be removed from our bulk email list.
Help the IICT to Ensure Information Held is Correct
The IICT takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. IICT therefore recommends that you:
- advise the national office of any errors in your personal information in writing or via email; and
- keep the IICT up to date with changes to personal information such as your name and address or clinic name and address, as well as your current email address, telephone and mobile number.